Hola/salut All You Bruya!

Postby mtvjunkie » Sat Mar 27, 2004 3:45 pm

i looked at that other thread and kind of picked up some of it but not most so i thought we could have a multilingual thread. i speak english, spanish, and french, and the tiniest bit of italian so i thought i'd take an initiative. and please correct me if i say something wrong...

:) bonjour la france! (ou canada, ou habite-tu heliose?) ca va? j'habite a romsey dans la sud de angleterre, pres de southampton (et la 'titanic'). j'estudie literature et l'etudie de 'media'. mon francais es... je ne pas bien informe avec la culture et je ne pas etre una connaissance grande mais je voudrais essayer. aide s'il vous plait?

B) anyone spanish? hola mi amigas y amigos! soy una latina, pero tengo un conocimiento limitaction porque vivo en ingleterre. no obstante me gustaria aprender. en las escuelas en ingleterre alumno. frances es le lenguaje y mi familia no interesante en le espanola.

:lol: hello english people! how y'all doing?

:) to you filipinos :wave: hey there! i didnt know this board was so multi cultural. i have to admit im a little in the dark about where the philipines is (that is the country... right?) :ph34r: but in case you cant tell by this post so far :rolleyes:, im very interested in different cultures so please tell me. tennman: i would have never guessed you were filipino, whether that was from ignorance or generalisation i dont know... do you live in america? i guessed from your username.

still, as i said i'd like to learn more and i have a real love for learning languages (even if its just the basics i'd still have something to boast about...) anyways, post back and tell me what you think. (and yes i do realise its not spelt bruya :stupidme: )
mtvjunkie
Abstracts Royalty

Postby tennman » Sun Mar 28, 2004 7:09 pm

this thread is going to be crazy! :lol:

to you filipinos  hey there! i didnt know this board was so multi cultural. i have to admit im a little in the dark about where the philipines is (that is the country... right?)

^ it's in south-east asia. if you look at a map, it is below Japan and on the right side of China (somewhat). ;)

tennman: i would have never guessed you were filipino, whether that was from ignorance or generalisation i dont know... do you live in america? i guessed from your username.

^ i wish. :lol: j/k i live here in the Philippines.

btw, "bruha" means "witch/ some mean woman".. but don't worry, chantoir was just kidding when she said that. :D
tennman
Supreme Member

Postby mtvjunkie » Mon Mar 29, 2004 11:10 am

:) thanks tennman! it wasnt until i started to write those french and spanish passages that i realised how rusty my linguistic skills are... anyway, thanks for replying back. i saw people were looking at it and not replying and i felt like a bit of an idiot but still :rolleyes:. how come your english is so good?
mtvjunkie
Abstracts Royalty

Postby tennman » Mon Mar 29, 2004 8:37 pm

^ yw. :D

we have English classes at school, coz we are bilingual - so Filipinos can speak both Filipino and English fluently (well, those who attended school at least :lol: ).
tennman
Supreme Member

Postby mtvjunkie » Tue Mar 30, 2004 4:09 pm

hmm... at school we learnt the alphabet and numbers up to 20 for the first four years and then in the last year they went 'oh, you have an exam in a few months, better teach you 10 000 000 000 new words and phrases' <_<

what does 'yw' mean? :ph34r:
mtvjunkie
Abstracts Royalty

Postby tennman » Tue Mar 30, 2004 9:12 pm

^ it's your welcome. :D

we learned English just like the way we were teached Filipino (though we knew Filipino even before going to school - of course! :lol: ). since elementary (that's 6 years here) to high school (4 years), we have lessons on grammar/ vocabulary/ spelling/ reading comprehension and literature. :nod:
tennman
Supreme Member

Postby megzrsa » Wed Mar 31, 2004 3:22 pm

hey i never come on the orlando board so i thought id join ya :P
Tenn i didn't noe u were from the filopines, a guy in my class is from there but he cant speak a word of it :P so wats it like living there?
Im really interested in other peoples cultures etc and i apparently go to the most multi cultural school in my county, we have people from 30 countries!
My family are South African and speak Afrikaanse so ive picked up a bit of it,
<span style='color:purple'>howzit? ek is uitstekend. Hoe oud is jy? Ek is vyf een tien<span style='color:purple'></span></span>

which means-
<span style='color:green'>how are things?
i am very well. How old are you? I am 15 <span style='color:green'></span></span>:P
yeah i dont noe to much of it but i am trying :D
megzrsa
Supreme Member

Postby tennman » Thu Apr 01, 2004 9:05 pm

Tenn i didn't noe u were from the filopines, a guy in my class is from there but he cant speak a word of it  so wats it like living there?

^ it's hot in herre. :lol: we're located near the equator so we don't have snow, it's all rain and sunshine. hmm. what else.. there are nice beaches all over our country so you might want to visit them.. especially now since it's summer here. :P
tennman
Supreme Member

Postby megzrsa » Fri Apr 02, 2004 1:51 pm

Its tropical there then, i wouldn't mind going there! Anywhere hot wud do me now, im so happy that summer is on its way :yay:
megzrsa
Supreme Member

Postby mtvjunkie » Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:11 pm

its kinda sad you dont get snow... but we dont really get snow in england, just rain ;)

megzrsa are you from america?

we have lessons on grammar/ vocabulary/ spelling/ reading comprehension and literature.
you do literature? what books? im trying not to get too exited at the prospect of discussing literature, im a huge bookworm :ph34r: :lol:
mtvjunkie
Abstracts Royalty

Postby megzrsa » Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:23 pm

nah i live in england :lol: wat r u fave books?
megzrsa
Supreme Member

Postby tennman » Fri Apr 02, 2004 8:00 pm

you do literature? what books? im trying not to get too exited at the prospect of discussing literature, im a huge bookworm

we have textbooks that have a bit of everything.. poems, stories and all. greek mythology is interesting. :nod:

now i just read harry potter and artemis fowl. :lol:
tennman
Supreme Member

Postby mtvjunkie » Sat Apr 03, 2004 4:14 am

my firend brother is colin creepy in the films... just thought i'd add that in. B)

megzrsa (howzit? :P )which part of england do you live in? im from hampshire.

ive just finished reading noughts and crosees by malorie blackman and it is the most incredible book i think ive ever read, its supposed to be a childrens book but it deals with so many adult issues... i could go on about that book for hours if you let me but i'll try to say nothing more other than read it if you can get hold of it. its definately worth it :nod:

im doing english literature at college which is mostly shakespeare <_< but i have read some quite good books for it too. it sucks that we have to analyse it so much it gets boring though.

tennman, what age do you begin and leave school? in england we start at 4 1/2 years old and finish at 16, if you go on to college you finish at 18.
mtvjunkie
Abstracts Royalty

Postby megzrsa » Sat Apr 03, 2004 11:01 am

Im doing ok, whats ur name mtvjunkie? I live in Oxford, its so boring here! :(
Im gonna be starting my a level courses in september, i wanna be a journalist so i was going to pick English lit but i cant stand Shakespeare <_< ! So im gonna do Law, Psychology, Media studies and geography :P

I tend to read alot of novels by south african authors because my mom buys them all the time, but one of fave books is a walk to remember by Nicolas Sparks, its so sad :( i was crying my eyes out by the end of it, it was beautiful :P
megzrsa
Supreme Member

Postby mtvjunkie » Sun Apr 04, 2004 5:02 am

my real name is helena, and i presume yours is megan? im doing english literature AS and media studies and english language A2. i thoroughly recommend doing media studies because in A2 all you do is watch movies and read magazines and you also get to make movie trailers which is loads of fun. unless youre in a group with mean people like i was <_< .

i think ive read a walk to remember but i can remember what its about ironically :stupidme: ;) :lol:

i hope to start university in september to do primary school teaching. my favourite university is in london and they get you jobs helping at the brits and the england rugby team practise there, so its definately a favourite with me :nod:

tennman what do you hope to do as a career?
mtvjunkie
Abstracts Royalty

Postby heloise » Sun Apr 04, 2004 6:30 am

mtvjunkie wrote: :) bonjour la france! (ou canada, ou habite-tu heliose?) ca va? j'habite a romsey dans la sud de angleterre, pres de southampton (et la 'titanic'). j'estudie literature et l'etudie de 'media'. mon francais es... je ne pas bien informe avec la culture et je ne pas etre una connaissance grande mais je voudrais essayer. aide s'il vous plait?

B) anyone spanish? hola mi amigas y amigos! soy una latina, pero tengo un conocimiento limitaction porque vivo en ingleterre. no obstante me gustaria aprender. en las escuelas en ingleterre alumno. frances es le lenguaje y mi familia no interesante en le espanola.

:lol: hello english people! how y'all doing?

:) to you filipinos :wave: hey there! i didnt know this board was so multi cultural. i have to admit im a little in the dark about where the philipines is (that is the country... right?) :ph34r: but in case you cant tell by this post so far :rolleyes:, im very interested in different cultures so please tell me. tennman: i would have never guessed you were filipino, whether that was from ignorance or generalisation i dont know... do you live in america? i guessed from your username.

still, as i said i'd like to learn more and i have a real love for learning languages (even if its just the basics i'd still have something to boast about...) anyways, post back and tell me what you think. (and yes i do realise its not spelt bruya :stupidme: )

Bonjour Helena !! je vis en france, pas tres loin de toi, je suis en bretagne !!Je serai tres contente de t'aider, tu fais quelques erreurs mais tres vite reparable !! tu pourra m'aider en espagnol et en anglais comme ca !!!

I speak french (of course !), spanish and english !

Hello everybody else !

cactus : let me sleep today and I'll reply to your mail ! promise :kiss:
heloise
Supreme Member

Postby tennman » Mon Apr 05, 2004 6:47 pm

mtvjunkie wrote: tennman, what age do you begin and leave school? in england we start at 4 1/2 years old and finish at 16, if you go on to college you finish at 18.

(in my case) i started at 7 years old. then i finished high school at 16.
now, you can go to pre-school (nursery and kindergarten) and some schools have a grade 7 (usually it's only up to grade 6 in elementary schools here).
when i was in grade 4, i took a test then i was transferred to grade 5 the same year. cool huh? :lol:
if you take college, most courses are for 4 years.

my career? i'm currently taking up "business administration" (i'm an incoming 4th year), it's like business management. so probably i'll end up in marketing, sales or finance.. but i could also continue my studies and pursue a degree in law. but i'm not really decided yet (which is bad.. :no: :P ).

how bout you guys? :D
tennman
Supreme Member

Postby chantoir » Tue Apr 06, 2004 2:44 am

hey, another filipino over here! :hi:

just wanted to say hi. i'll just post a longer message soon. :P
chantoir
Supreme Member

Postby mtvjunkie » Tue Apr 06, 2004 1:23 pm

tu fais quelques erreurs mais tres vite reparable

:stupidme: j'estudie la francais pour cinq annes et voila :stupidme: :rolleyes:

when i was in grade 4, i took a test then i was transferred to grade 5 the same year
bravo tennman :beerchug:

i hope to teach little kids but im not sure completely (however that is what im doing in universtiy so... its a bit late to change my mind now...)

tennman, whats your real name?
mtvjunkie
Abstracts Royalty

Postby tennman » Tue Apr 06, 2004 7:45 pm

bravo tennman

^ thanks. :dance:

i hope to teach little kids but im not sure completely (however that is what im doing in universtiy so... its a bit late to change my mind now...)

^ i tried teaching religion when i was in high school (i was a student catechist). it's really difficult to teach little kids. they tend to be um, a bit hyper. but if it's your passion (i'll borrow your word chantoir), then i guess you'll be ok. :lol:

tennman, whats your real name?

^ i'm ric. it's in my sig. :D

my full name is ric angelo tan. :lol:
tennman
Supreme Member

Postby heloise » Wed Apr 07, 2004 11:56 am

mtvjunkie wrote:
tu fais quelques erreurs mais tres vite reparable

:stupidme: j'estudie la francais pour cinq annes et voila :stupidme: :rolleyes:

dont fight you, french is a hard language !!

....le francais depuis ...

J'etudie l'anglais depuis 7 ans maintenant et mon iveau n'est pas exelent !!!!
heloise
Supreme Member

Postby mtvjunkie » Wed Apr 07, 2004 3:16 pm

french is a hard language !!
but apparently english is one of the hardest so well done to all those who speak it as a second language :notworthy:

i like the name ric angelo tan, its better than helena carolyn boultwood :thumbdown: , well i like the helena bit because its shakespearean :rolleyes: and because helen of troy was actually helena of troy :nod: do you mind if i call you ric? and where did you get the name tennman?

heloise, je visite bretange avec mon famile chaque annes normalement et nous adore ce! ou habites tu en bretange?
mtvjunkie
Abstracts Royalty

Postby tennman » Wed Apr 07, 2004 6:07 pm

sure helena. ;)

tennman is justin's nickname, coz he was born in 'tenn'essee. and i'm a justin fan so i thought that would be ok.. :lol:

so i guess you like watching MTV huh? :P
tennman
Supreme Member

Postby heloise » Thu Apr 08, 2004 11:17 am

mtvjunkie wrote:
french is a hard language !!
but apparently english is one of the hardest so well done to all those who speak it as a second language :notworthy:

nononono!
English is one of the easier and the one the most famus it's for that everybody want to leanr it !

Je vis a Rennes. Mais je vais bientot demenager vers bordeaux, beaucoup plus dans le sud, le temps y est bien meilleur !
heloise
Supreme Member

Postby mtvjunkie » Thu Apr 08, 2004 11:37 am

i had mtv but now i dont <_< because my parents said i spent more time watching it than studying :rolleyes:

Je vis a Rennes.
je ne visite pas mais voudrais. avec ma famile nous visite josselin, breast, pont aven, et concordeau.

have you ever been to england? would you like to?
mtvjunkie
Abstracts Royalty

Postby heloise » Thu Apr 08, 2004 12:00 pm

mtvjunkie wrote: i had mtv but now i dont <_< because my parents said i spent more time watching it than studying :rolleyes:

Je vis a Rennes.
je ne visite pas mais voudrais. avec ma famile nous visite josselin, breast, pont aven, et concordeau.

have you ever been to england? would you like to?

I used to watch MTV a lot but now, i dont knwo why, i dotn watch it anymore..I watch news tv (french one).

Je ne suis jamais allée en angleterre, c'est un de mes reves. As tu messenger (aim, msn, yahoo...)? comme ca, on pourrait parler plus en francais !!
heloise
Supreme Member

Postby mtvjunkie » Thu Apr 08, 2004 1:01 pm

As tu messenger (aim, msn, yahoo...)? comme ca, on pourrait parler plus en francais !!
:stupidme: je ne comprend pa... :unsure:
mtvjunkie
Abstracts Royalty

Postby heloise » Thu Apr 08, 2004 1:12 pm

do you have yahoo, hotmail or aol messenger,?
heloise
Supreme Member

Postby mtvjunkie » Thu Apr 08, 2004 1:14 pm

i have hotmail and msn... i think
mtvjunkie
Abstracts Royalty

Postby heloise » Thu Apr 08, 2004 1:17 pm

you can give me your adresse and we'll speak in french if you want ! you'll improve quickly
heloise
Supreme Member

Postby mtvjunkie » Fri Apr 09, 2004 3:38 pm

heloise, i sent you my address by pm.

did you get it?
mtvjunkie
Abstracts Royalty

Postby georgyporgy » Sun Apr 11, 2004 4:10 am

Filipino #3 over here! :wave:
georgyporgy
Supreme Member

Postby mtvjunkie » Sun Apr 11, 2004 4:53 am

hey :wave: georgyporgy! the more to the disscusion (once one is started) ;) the merrier! there seems to be a lot of filipinos on this board, any other nationalities wanna step forward? :P
mtvjunkie
Abstracts Royalty

Postby tennman » Mon Apr 12, 2004 12:40 am

i'd like to discuss the Filipinos in American Idol. go Jasmine Trias! :lol: :P

too bad camile is gone.. :lonely:
tennman
Supreme Member

Postby mtvjunkie » Wed Apr 14, 2004 6:26 am

tenn, how do you get american programmes as they come out in?
mtvjunkie
Abstracts Royalty

Postby heloise » Fri Apr 16, 2004 9:11 am

i had you pm and i added u on msn !
heloise
Supreme Member

Postby chantoir » Fri Apr 16, 2004 11:09 pm

^ it's hot in herre.  we're located near the equator so we don't have snow, it's all rain and sunshine. hmm. what else.. there are nice beaches all over our country so you might want to visit them.. especially now since it's summer here.  

you should try Puerto Galera or Boracay! very beautiful. very. :headbanger:

now i just read harry potter

same here...big fan...can't wait for the new movie to come out...i also like carl hiassen's novels... :D

i wanna be a journalist

my thoughts exactly. too bad, i didn't realize it sooner...so i wasn't able to take up journalism courses in college. :(

(in my case) i started at 7 years old. then i finished high school at 16.
now, you can go to pre-school (nursery and kindergarten) and some schools have a grade 7 (usually it's only up to grade 6 in elementary schools here).

i went to pre-school (kindergarten) at 5. finished elementry at 11 and highsool at 15. four years after that, i was finally out of the academe. i have a degree in Development Studies, but i'm currently working as a QA associate in a call center. it's so not related to what i studied in college and what i really want to do. <_<

i tried teaching religion when i was in high school (i was a student catechist). it's really difficult to teach little kids. they tend to be um, a bit hyper. but if it's your passion (i'll borrow your word chantoir), then i guess you'll be ok.  

i'm guessing you studied in a catholic school like i did. i was also a volunteer catechist, but i wasn't very proud of it at the end of the day: i ended up throwing a piece of chalk at this very stubborn student. i suggest bringing a lot of patience with you when teaching kiddies. :nod:

i'd like to discuss the Filipinos in American Idol. go Jasmine Trias!  

too bad camile is gone..  

yeah, i was rooting for camile, too. hey, a filipino kid also won a singing contest in the US. i forgot, but it's "star search" something... :clap:

God Bless Cable!! :amen:

cactus : let me sleep today and I'll reply to your mail ! promise  

hi heloise! :hi: :hug: :kiss: my turn to say the same: let me sleep today and I'll reply to your mail ! promise. :P i beat you though; my last letter was still the longest... :P

besitos,

Chanteuse Marie Cervantes Allado
chantoir
Supreme Member

Postby georgyporgy » Sun Apr 18, 2004 1:12 am

You guys have good cable. Mine sucks big time! <_<

If you would allow me to vent my frustration about network tv in this thread. Goddamned RPN-9 cancelled "Everwood" & it's like one of my favorite shows ever! They're showing "Girls Behaving Badly" instead. I'll show them what I think of their stupid move. I'll shove their muthaeffin' show up their ass. That's what I'll do!

Ok, I'm done. So what's up, guys?
georgyporgy
Supreme Member

Postby mtvjunkie » Sun Apr 18, 2004 3:46 am

i dont have cable <_< i miss my mtv :(
mtvjunkie
Abstracts Royalty

Postby whatchagot4meMRJT » Mon Apr 19, 2004 2:12 pm

Oh my Lord, I leave you alone for one second Helena and you go wild. What the hell are you doing over here? This is the funniest post. :nod:

Trying to make other friends I see. :nono: Didn't I tell you that I was your one and only friend. :lol:

Helena, you don't have cable? Oh my ... that's not good. I'll buy you cable one day, just like I have to buy Justin a new mailbox. :shrug:

**Tennman, I'm calling you Ric from now on. I like that name. :thumbup:
whatchagot4meMRJT
Abstracts Royalty

Postby tennman » Tue Apr 20, 2004 1:30 am

**Tennman, I'm calling you Ric from now on. I like that name.

^ sure. :D this may sound weird but i'm called "angel" in our house. i can be A-3. :lol:

same here...big fan...can't wait for the new movie to come out...

^ me too. can't wait for book 6.

i have a degree in Development Studies, but i'm currently working as a QA associate in a call center. it's so not related to what i studied in college and what i really want to do.

^ aw.. but i heard they pay well in call centers right? i'm applying for OJT in Smart, they're so slow in processing the applcations. <_<

hey, a filipino kid also won a singing contest in the US. i forgot, but it's "star search" something...

^ yep, it's Star Search.

i ended up throwing a piece of chalk at this very stubborn student.

^ :lol: :ph34r: children can be WILD sometimes.

^ as chantoir said, cable.. some local channels show American shows. :nod:
tennman
Supreme Member

Postby heloise » Tue Apr 20, 2004 4:43 am

whatchagot4meMRJT wrote: Oh my Lord, I leave you alone for one second Helena and you go wild. What the hell are you doing over here? This is the funniest post. :nod:

Trying to make other friends I see. :nono: Didn't I tell you that I was your one and only friend. :lol:

Helena, you don't have cable? Oh my ... that's not good. I'll buy you cable one day, just like I have to buy Justin a new mailbox. :shrug:

**Tennman, I'm calling you Ric from now on. I like that name. :thumbup:

hello whatcha !

I see you're a friend of helena !:lol: nice ot meet you....everybody is the welcome in this board !
heloise
Supreme Member

Postby whatchagot4meMRJT » Tue Apr 20, 2004 8:34 am

:wave: Hey Heloise, I'm Paige and I'm 22. I live in the U.S.A. Yup, I'm Helena's buddy over on the Justin Timberlake board. I know Ric, too. He joins us over at that board, too. :nod:

Anyway, I'd just like to say hello to all of you and if you're ever board and want to pop over to the Justin Timberlake bored, you're more than welcome to join in our crazy fun. :thumbup:
whatchagot4meMRJT
Abstracts Royalty

Postby heloise » Tue Apr 20, 2004 9:12 am

I'm heloise, 18 anf french girl. I'm not a big fan of justin so you probably will not see me there... ;) but if you want to join us here, you're the welcome.
heloise
Supreme Member

Postby whatchagot4meMRJT » Tue Apr 20, 2004 12:36 pm

heloise wrote: I'm heloise, 18 anf french girl. I'm not a big fan of justin so you probably will not see me there... ;) but if you want to join us here, you're the welcome.

:thumbup: Thanks for the welcome Heloise. I just might have to stop by here more frequently and chat with all of you great people. :nod:
whatchagot4meMRJT
Abstracts Royalty

Postby mtvjunkie » Tue Apr 20, 2004 4:16 pm

another one converted!!!

:wave: paige! for christs sake get your arse back on the jt board!
mtvjunkie
Abstracts Royalty

Postby whatchagot4meMRJT » Tue Apr 20, 2004 5:59 pm

:laughup:

To the JT board I go ... :sprint:
whatchagot4meMRJT
Abstracts Royalty

Return to Orlando Bloom