l.o.t.r.

dazed410
Abstracts Royalty

Postby dazed410 » Wed Feb 13, 2002 11:41 pm

has any one read any of the books? I 've read them all and I'd love to talk to anyone willing to! I have some really great suggestions for books to read after and all that junk..:)

gutterpunk78

Postby gutterpunk78 » Thu Feb 14, 2002 12:08 pm

I'm reading 'The Hobbit' right now. A friend of mine let me barrow it. She's a huge fan of the Lord of the Rings. She's seen it 7 times the last time I checked. It's a really good movie.

orlandobfan1

Postby orlandobfan1 » Tue Jan 21, 2003 12:28 pm

i have read all of the books like a thousand times they are so awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Tue Jan 21, 2003 7:19 pm

Genna, you know I love the books and I have read them and you still search someone to talk to about them!

Hey, and I love The Hobbit, too, for the guy or girl, who said they read it. I'm the total hobbit fan - the greatest creatures.

What do you want to know? I'm always here! :)

Btw, great that you stopped by! ;)

PervyHobbitFancier
Advanced Member

Postby PervyHobbitFancier » Tue Jan 21, 2003 11:55 pm

yeah, ive read FOTR TTT and ROTK, but thats all the tolkien ive read, i tried reading the hobbit, but i just cuoldnt get into it. i just finished ROTK, so imma start on the salmarillion(i know i spelled that wrong)

arwens_rivendell

Postby arwens_rivendell » Wed Jan 22, 2003 12:35 am

I'm reading the hobbit now and my goal is to read the last LOTR book before the third movie comes out... then we can discuss!!!! :D :P B) :lol:

georgyporgy
Supreme Member

Postby georgyporgy » Wed Jan 22, 2003 6:05 am

I read The Hobbit. I'm waiting for ROTK movie to come out before I start reading the books.

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Wed Jan 22, 2003 1:41 pm

genna i read the 'the hobbit and lord of the rings' and i loved them! only problem is it was back when i was in 7th grade....and well genna, you know that was awhile back :P i remember the basics but all the details that everyone speaks about now....nope.....you know who else loves the moves and is up to 'the two towers'?..mick and she really knows the names and all that stuff.... :P

uh, but hey i think orlando bloom's a cutie....don't think i'll forget that! :P

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Wed Jan 22, 2003 4:01 pm

PervyHobbitFancier wrote: yeah, ive read FOTR TTT and ROTK, but thats all the tolkien ive read, i tried reading the hobbit, but i just cuoldnt get into it. i just finished ROTK, so imma start on the salmarillion(i know i spelled that wrong)

Yep, The Silmarillion, the one about Elvish history. Hm, a lot of Elvish heroes in it. Well, also dwarves and humans, yes. It's pretty interestin, but hard to read, because it's unfinished, I mean this is the rough version of the book. You know that, right? God, it's really great for people who are interested in Elvish history.

Then I guess The Hobbit is for dorks, cause I seem like the only one to like them. :D Well, i don't claim they are the best race, just the most interesting to me!

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Thu Jan 23, 2003 12:05 am

i loved The Hobbit don't think i would have gone on to the others if i didn't.. :)

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Thu Jan 23, 2003 4:20 pm

Yes, it's really entertaining and contains a lot of hidden messages. Thanks, renee! :)

PervyHobbitFancier
Advanced Member

Postby PervyHobbitFancier » Thu Jan 23, 2003 11:47 pm

Claire wrote:

Yep, The Silmarillion

thanks, i didnt have the book then so i didnt know how you spelled it, but thanks! :lol:

iluvorlandobloom

Postby iluvorlandobloom » Fri Jan 24, 2003 10:17 am

Hmmm...I will have to read The Silmarillion. I have only read The Hobbit, FotR, and TTT as I plan them so that I will finish the book on the day the movie comes out. I don't know why, but it seems like I can remember more things from the book that way. :shrug:

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Fri Jan 24, 2003 7:23 pm

Hm, how did you read FotR and TTT without ROTK? They're in one book... :thinking: ...

And I really do not recommend The Silmarillion to be read before LOTR. Although it's incomplete at some points... all those Elvish heroes, you know princes, are so inspiring! Amazing. After that humans and hobbits may not look that heroic.. btu they're still my pick over Elves! :)

iluvorlandobloom

Postby iluvorlandobloom » Fri Jan 24, 2003 7:46 pm

I don't know. My system is sorta screwed up, but hey! Works for me.

Orli

Postby Orli » Fri Jan 24, 2003 11:09 pm

:blink: I love LOTR. The are a very cool (set) books. It did make me sad that in the books Legolas is very clever and in the movie he hardly ever talks. I think that they left out a whole bunch of stuff. Mabye they should have done 2 movies for one book. I knowthat inso doing it would be a more expensive project, but alot of important things were left out. I mean it was a great movie, the effects were so cool (how they made them was even cooler, see the extra stuffin the extended version of LOTR) and the senery was excellent. Ok I kinda got off track there, yeah I really Like the books.

PervyHobbitFancier
Advanced Member

Postby PervyHobbitFancier » Sat Jan 25, 2003 10:45 am

yeah, cuz in the books, he's all, happy, and singing, and in the movie hes like, on depressants for something. but it was better in TTT when he was joking with gimli at helms deep. that was closer to book legolas.

but aboutthe scenery, i loved it too. i would kill to go to NZ. (aka kiwi-a-gogo land, thanks whoever said that, i will always love that word now.)

Milla
Ultra Member

Postby Milla » Sun Jan 26, 2003 7:58 pm

in my view, the silmarillion is not nessecary for reading lotr. i first recommend the hobbit, just for backround, plus it's pretty good. and then, read the actual books. i think of the 2nd as the mot powerful.

i tried reading the silmarillion, but it was just history and a bore. but if you want to know everything, read it.

lotsoflove

Return to “Orlando Bloom”